What is it like to grow up as the daughter of a minister surrounded by an unsaid by felt pressure to be perfect? How do you let go of the need to be perfect and let God do the leading and the mending He needs to?
In today’s podcast episode, I speak with Keshia Rice, dating coach for Christian women. She shares her story of struggling with self-esteem, rebelling against her family values and desperately trying to find her place in a world that wanted her to be everything to everyone.
If you’re struggling to find yourself in the midst of the noise and if you have been running an endless race in the pursuit of perfection, then this episode has so many good tidbits which will both bless and encourage you.
Letting Go And Letting God
Things we talked about in this episode:
- Keshia speaks about her childhood growing up as the daughter of a minister.
- Her need to get the attention that she wasn’t getting from her parents and how that led to her rebelling later on.
- The constant pursuit of positive attention from men who constantly fell short of her standards.
- The struggle to figure out who she was in the midst of her meltdowns, failures and abuse.
- Coming to terms with her Christian journey and her eventual breakdown.
- Coming back from the end of her rope and starting her business to help women in their dating and relationships.
- The lessons she has learned throughout her life and the message she has for women going through similar situations.
Tune in every Wednesday at 5 AM JST/7 PM EST for your weekly dose of inspiration, encouragement and advice to get you through this thing called life!
Leave me a comment and tell me how you’re embracing the mess and sharing your very own message for a chance to #beourguest!
Remember, no matter what kind of mess you have been, in that heart of yours lies a powerful message and the world needs to hear it!