How do you fix low self-esteem and low self-confidence? Does having low self-esteem really matter as much as we think? Can improving your self-esteem make you a better person?
In this episode of the podcast, Jess Stritthof opens up about her rough childhood including sharing stories about her heroine-addicted mother and equally abusive father and how severely her past impacted the way she saw and thought about herself.
Her past hasn’t been the easiest or the greatest but now she’s been given a chance to talk about how important loving yourself is, and why building self-worth and confidence will make you a better person not only for yourself but for everyone else around you.
This episode will show you that when you love yourself more, then things simply become easier and your life becomes happier.
How Improving Your Self-Esteem Will Make You A Better Person
Things we talked about in this episode:
- The effects of childhood abuse and neglect on self-esteem
- How low self-esteem led her to stealing and drinking as a teenager
- Why it’s important to build children’s self-esteem and self-worth
- The impacting of developing alopecia as a teenager and dropping out of high school
- The importance of letting go of self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours
- Her journey with suicidal thoughts, hospitalization and accepting help from others.
- The biggest obstacles she’s had to overcome on her mental health and self-esteem journey
Tune in every Wednesday at 5 AM JST/7 PM EST for your weekly dose of inspiration, encouragement and advice to get you through this thing called life!
Leave me a comment and tell me how you’re embracing the mess and sharing your very own message for a chance to #beourguest!
Remember, even though we’re all a total mess in one way or another, in that heart of yours lies a powerful message and the world needs to hear it!