Do you believe that our most painful storms and our most shameful mistakes can turn into our greatest victories? I do. I believe that as humans, it is our responsibility to grow through what we go through. It is our choice to let the circumstances of our past (or present) destroy us or build us up.
In today’s podcast episode, I interviewed Gina Johnson. Gina has faced some of the biggest storms in her life but she refuses to let those storms tear her down. She has overcome sexual assault, multiple divorces, tremendous debt and a heart attack. But in spite of the battles she has faced, she continues to smile, she continues to fight and continues to move forward.
This episode of the podcast has some powerful lessons for the Christian woman who feels like her faith and her resilience is being tested.
Growing Through What You Go Through
Things we talked about in this episode:
- Gina speaks about her childhood and the difficulties of not having friends.
- Her eventual spiral into drinking and partying, and subsequent sexual assault at the hands of a childhood friend.
- Experiencing a life-changing heart attack at the young age of 34.
- Becoming a single mother after going through two difficult divorces.
- Being disowned by her family after her first divorce and the massive debt that followed her second divorce.
- The inspiration behind starting her podcast and the journey to writing her first book.
- The lessons she has learned throughout her life and tidbits of wisdom she has for everyone listening.
Tune in every Wednesday at 5 AM JST/7 PM EST for your weekly dose of inspiration, encouragement and advice to get you through this thing called life!
Leave me a comment and tell me how you’re embracing the mess and sharing your very own message for a chance to #beourguest!
Remember, no matter what kind of mess you have been, in that heart of yours lies a powerful message and the world needs to hear it!