Someone once said, “True courage is being able to smile in the face of adversity while embracing one’s own vulnerability.”
Despite being the victim of a horrific automobile accident that changed her life forever, Christine Rucci is determined to stay positive. In today’s episode of the She Is A Message podcast, Christine shows us what it means to face life’s challenges and smile in the midst of it all. Her struggles and successes are all part of her story and she has learned to embrace every single part.
She teaches us that we don’t necessarily smile because of the pain and difficulty that comes from our struggles. We smile because we know that in the midst of every trial God is there and God is in control.
Finding True Courage And Smiling In The Face Of Adversity
Things we talked about in this episode:
- Growing up and her favourite childhood memories.
- The impact of her parent’s divorce on her and her siblings.
- Getting into a horrific car accident and how it changed her life forever.
- Struggling with loss, trauma and low self-esteem after becoming facially disfigured.
- Healing her emotional wounds and scars and how she found herself after becoming lost in drinking and despair.
- Learning to fully embrace, love and cherish the new person she had become.
- Life today and the important life lessons she wants to teach other women.
Tune in every Wednesday at 5 AM JST/7 PM EST for your weekly dose of inspiration, encouragement and advice to get you through this thing called life!
Leave me a comment and tell me how you’re embracing the mess and sharing your very own message for a chance to #beourguest!
Remember, no matter what kind of mess you have been, in that heart of yours lies a powerful message and the world needs to hear it!